Monday, June 22, 2009

Hotbuys or Notbuys

July Hotbuys .
~-~
This month's hotbuys seem better than ever. They are taking a clear inspiration from the 80's era as they tried to do just a few months ago with the Retro Redux theme. The only difference is this time, they are doing it right.
Hot Buys Sunhat (Folk - July 1) - The first release of the month is a great one. This isn't a fancy item but it is a sure essential for this summer. They took a fashion twist with the hat in the way it was styled and executed. 8/10
Hot Buys Pants (Pretty In Pink - July 3) - This seems to be a big crowdpleaser but it is not my fondest item. Though it is colorful and cute, it isn't something that could translate into different styles easily. But with the right accesories and top, it is definately useable. 6/10
Hot Buys Record Necklace (Bisou - July 7) - This item definately reminds me of the bikini necklace of this month's Hot Buys. Though is fits the theme of July's Hot Buys, It could take away from the outfit that one will be wearing and become borderline tacky. This is one of the least satisfying items in the list. 5/10
Hot Buys Ruffle Bikini (Pretty In Pink - July 10) - This is one of the great items to come out in july. It is an obvious favorite of many of the Stardoll users and I can see why. The fit is great and the color scheme is excellent. Though the style is more subdued than I wished, it is still a wonderful summer item. 8.5/10
Hot Buys 80's Dress (Bisou - July 15) - This is one of my personal favorites of the list. I cannot say one bad thing about this dress. It is very High Fashion and stylish. Any girl can look great in this dress and I am possitive that I will buy this dress the first day it comes out. 9.5/10
Hot Buys Tiger Bodysuit (Rio - July 17) - The idea of this item was really nice but it once again wasn't my favorite on the list. It seemed a bit off to me at first, but when I started to notice the details on this Hotbuy, I started to like it more. It is decent but easily not the best. 7/10
Hot Buys Plastic Purse (Bisou - July 21) - I will always appreciate something new and different entering the Starplaza. This purse is like nothing I have seen before on this site and I love that. But I admit that I am a sucker for a cute purse. I think that this is one of the highlights of July's Hot Buys. 8.5/10
Hot Buys Sandals (Folk - July 23) - The First time I looked at the hotbuys, I actually didn't notice this one. It doeasn't stand out as much as the others but I was glad when I did. I think that these shoes are stylish, greatly colored, and modern. This item definatly will make the Folk store more appealing than it was. 8/10
Hot Buys Jumpsuit (Fudge - July 28) - Everybody knows that the Jumpsuit is the "It" item of this season and possibly this entire year. So Stardoll knew that they could do no wrong with a Jumpsuit. I think the animal print is great but I'm not sure if the style and cut of this jumpsuit really goes well with the print. But nice either way. 7.5/10
Hot Buys Gold Platforms (Rio - July 30) - The Final release of the month is easily the greatest. This shoe is the most High Fashion Stardoll has released in a long time. It can be sophisticated, sexy, and modern all at the same time. This is my overall favorite of the month and one of the best hotbuys that will come out in the next three months. 10/10
Through all of the work we have been doing, trying to tell Stardoll to make the Hotbuys more high fashion they used to be, it has finally paid off. This is one of the first times in a while that I am honestly excited to buy the hotbuys to come. Stardoll has done a great job and I really hope that they keep this up
~-~
Rock the World,
xoxo Adrienne

No comments:

Post a Comment